Denver ( DEN ) Airport
Denver International Airport DEN – referred to by locals as DIA – but internationally known as DEN, its Airport Code – is the State of Colorado s primary airport, serving its Mile-High City Denver and surrounding counties. It is the highest airport in the United States, covers 55 square miles, and is also one of world s largest airports – with plenty of room to grow. Someone described Denver Airport as being like an apparition of snowy white peaks floating over the empty plains – referring to Jeppesen Terminal s roof. Denver Airport is also a haven for art lovers.
Denver Airport is now the first U.S. airport to secure international Carbon accreditation.
Annual Skytrax 2015 rankings for Denver Airport: Number 8 for world s best airports over 50M passengers. Among North American Airports it ranked number 3 for Best Airport; number 2 for Best Staff; number 2 for Best Regional Airport. It also ranked number 5 for Best Domestic Airport and number 7 for World s Best Regional Airport. Skytrax World Awards named Denver Airpoart a Passener Favorite in 2017. DIA ws also named Top Global Megahub for connectivity.
You can contact the Airport toll-free within Colorado at 1-800-247-2336.
Denver Airport is located in the northeastern section of the City of Denver (which is also its operator) – reached directly from Pena Blvd. and from close-by Interstate Highways 70 east/west, E-470, and 25 north/south. Travel between Denver s Business Center and DIA takes an estimated 30 minutes.
– By Nov. 2016 available lanes were reduced and a speed limit of 25-35 mph at inbound section of Pena Blvd. enforced, which splits toward the west terminal entrance.
With six long runways and 58.3 million passengers in 2016, Denver International Airport is hub to Frontier, Great Lakes United airlines, and is served by a host of airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Recent arline offers include:
– Aeromexico offers service to Monterrey (MEX)
– Volaris added two weekly year-round nonstop flights to Monterrey (MEX)
– Southwest Airlines started seasonal Saturday service to Belize City on March 11, 2017.
– PenAir offers 12 weekly flights to the Kansas destinations of Doge City Liberal; to Nebraska s Kearney North Platte, and Scottsbluff .
– Great Lakes started 10 weekly service to/from Telluride (no Tuesdays)
– Allegiant low-cost airline started service to Montrose (Colorado).
– Air Canada launched flights to Vancouver
The new on-Airport Westin Hotel Conference Center with a two-winged roof has14-levels and 519 rooms, and includes a huge conference center and meeting rooms. The top level has a swimming pool fitness studio. Westin Hotel earned from ACI the LEED Platinum Status among U.S. Hotels in March 2017.
Denver Airport has one main passenger terminal – the Jeppesen Terminal – divided by East West terminals.
Present and future Airport developments: The Airport management and its chosen consortium (led by Ferrovial), are to present to the City their intended plans to upgrade the Jeppesen Terminal. If approved, further processes will take at least a year before actual construction can begin. HOWEVER, regardless of approval or non-approval – DEN collaborates with TSA to design an innovative new security screening prototype. DEN will also undertake the relocation of ticket counter TSA screening.